From:
"H. H. Dijkstra" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:05:37 +0100
Dear Linda,

The original spelling is: Pecten cloacatus Reeve, 1853, now placed in
Mimachlamys: Mimachlamys cloacata (Reeve, 1853) and a senior synonym of the
following species: Pecten valdecostatus Melvill, 1888, Pecten (Chlamys)
pelseneeri Dautzenberg & Bavay, 1912 (nom. nov. of Pecten rugosus G.B.
Sowerby 2nd, 1842, not of Lamarck), and Mimachlamys curtisiana Iredale,
1939. The present species is living littorally on soft sediments throughout
the western and southwestern Pacific.

Best wishes,

Henk

Henk H. Dijkstra (Hon. Res. Ass.)
c/o Zoological Museum, Dept. Malacology, University of Amsterdam
PO Box 94766, 1090 GT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Private address:
Gravinneweg 12, 8604 CA Sneek, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-515-415062; E-mail: [log in to unmask]