From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 06:36:47 -0500
Hi,
Just a minor correction.  Biomphalaria was not the first mollusc in
space.   That honor goes to Mytilus edulis (STS-77) a couple years
before in an experiment from the University of Dalhousie, Nova Scotia.
As with so much in our world, the marine shells get the honor before the
really important shells. . .

Alan Gettleman
Merritt Island, FL