From:
Dan Yoshimoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 17:52:28 -0800
To ALL,
        I am making a display of poisonous cones and am searching for the
radulas of the following species:Conus aulicus, geographus, imperialis,
marmoreus, striatus, textile & Conus tulipa.  The display is for a series
of talks that my wife & I give to the students of Humboldt County,
California.  As there are no cone species, much less poisonous cone
species, in this part of the world, our young people have no idea what I'm
talking about.  Photos & drawings don't seem to have the same effect as
real things.
        Several years ago, at a shell show in Portland, a woman had a
beautiful dislay of all the venomous cone with their radula.  Unfortunately
I don't know where she obtained these specimens.
        Secondly, I have a list from 1965 of the reported attacks of
venomous cone from around the world, but have been unable to continue the
list since that time.  Is there a publication or web site that might have
such information?
        Thank you for your efforts in the educational process.
Dan Yoshmoto
1164 Vista Dr.
Eureka, California
95503-6018