Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 17:54:12 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> The problem with the "The Molluscs Net" list is no one uses it anymore. I
> have only received 1 message in the last three months and that was from Bret
> letting us know he was selling the web site. In a check of members there were
> only about 5 responses to continue. Now that Bret has sold (I didn't know
> that) there may be no one to keep it going.

Hello!

Hi Frank and all,

It is not "that no one uses it anymore". The LIST on Molluscs Net is very new
maybe a few months at best. The rest of the site has a chat room, FREE for sale
postings  (shells only or cabinets etc), exchange wants postings, a What Is IT
shell
ID section, shell auction, a molluscs forum where you ask or say and someone
answers
to a bulletin board type window. There is also a large DEALERS section with links

to the dealers site and corresponding shell price/list.  So overall the site is
excellent
for what it was designed to do. It was so successful that he sold it. The amount
of
traffic on the list is low because it is new and not too many got word of it yet.
There
are no rules against commercials except I think large files etc due to server jam
ups.

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power

        In SUNNY and WARM  --->  Melbourne, Florida
            (Gettin' ready for TGIF, bring on the booze folks, it's cocktail
time!!!!)