From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:00:30 -0500
Dear James,

Sally Kaicher treats all but the last of these (I can't find "Anachis"
troglodytes Souverbie) in her card pack.  Remember that Paul Callomon
created a very useful the index, which is linked to the COA website:

http://coa.acnatsci.org/conchnet/kaicher.txt

Each of the taxa you iterate IS a Columbellid; all except the last fit in
Costoanachis Sacco, 1890.  The last is treated, with an extensive synonymy,
as Zafra troglodytes (Souverbie in Souverbie and Montrouzier, 1866) in
Cernhorky's (1972) "Marine shells of the Pacific Volume II" p. 138; pl. 41
fig. 8.

Harry

At 05:59 PM 3/19/00 -0600, you wrote:
>James M Cheshire wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>> I need help again. Can anyone give me some info on the
>> following dove shells?:
>>
>> Anachis electona Duclos, 1840
>>
>> Anachis kirostra Duclos, 1840
>>
>> Anachis nisitella Duclos, 1840
>>
>> Anachis strenella Duclos, 1840
>>
>> Anachis teophania Duclos, 1846
>>
>> Anachis troglodytes Souverbie In Souverbie & Montrouzier, 1866
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James
Harry G. Lee
Suite 500
1801 Barrs St.
Jacksonville, FL 32204
USA   904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/~wfrank/jacksonv.htm