From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 13:10:53 -0500
OK, Art, you got my attention after a while.

I have been trying for some years to find an "interested expert" on
Coralliophilidae without success. The closest I came was Dave DeLucia
and/or Jons Gratz who both have opted out of shelling.

I don't know whether Kosuge & Suzuki are approachable and know English. I
think there are many errors in their "Illustrated Catalog" which  however
is the only game in town.

Far from being concerned with genera, I've just been trying to get the
species-names straight vs. synonyms.
Presumably, Babelomurex is a synonym of Latiaxis. But I have doubts even
about that...

>One mo time----
>         I need (want) to know if there are distinguishing
>characteristics that separate:
>                 babelomurex
>                 coralliophila
>                 latiaxis
>         Someone (most people) probably knows more than me about them.
>             Thanks;
>                     Art Weil

John Wolff
2640 Breezewood Dr.