From:
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:40:33 -0700
To all,

The Unio Gallery is an internet site displaying pictures of freshwater
mussels and their reproductive strategies.  Chris Barnhart, Ph.D.,
Department of Biology, Southwest Missouri State University has just advised
that there are new images and video clips on the site.  I just wanted to let
everyone know that a visit is well worth the time.  I am not a big unio fan
(I have a couple of shells, have read a bit about them, and that is pretty
much it) but if you haven't been exposed to the reproductive strategies of
these little brown mussels, you are in for a treat.  Even if you know all
about the fake fish and parasitism, this site will bring it to life with
some great images.  What they lack in bright colors or wild shapes they make
up for in life style.  So give it a try at:
http://courses.smsu.edu/mcb095f/gallery/

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA