From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:12:42 -0400
What about that marvelous old name for Lambis? Pterocera Lamarck, 1898.
It seems Roding (Roeding) got in a year earlier with Lambis. Of course
there are a few of us in COA who're happier being called the Lambis
Group than the Pterocera Group. The latter just doesn't ring. And
speaking of the Strombidae, does anyone remember that name for the
heavy, aluminum-glazed senile Strombus gigas, Strombus samba Clench,
1937 which has been relegated to a little recognized forma name.

Lynn Scheu
Louisville KY
COA's Lambis Group