From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2000 16:24:16 -0400
Dear Helmut,

You requested opinions.  If what you report is accurate, I suspect fraud or
hoax:

How did the Latinist scribe know Christus was going to be born in 300 years?
Why didn't he use Roman (vs. Arabic) numerals?
Why didn't he decline "Christus" as "Christum?"

This is MEMORIAL DAY - not April Fool's Day,
Harry

At 03:55 PM 5/28/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I wanted to inform you that they've made a remarkable found in the
>Mediterranean. The found at a depth of 800 m
>in the Bacine of Sardegna  a Spondylus gussonii sitting on an amphora dated
>with the following inscription
>300 anni ante Christus. Is this not spectacular or interesting. Your
>opinions please
>thanks. with best shelling greetings
>Helmut Nisters
>
>Helmut "Helix" Nisters
>Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
>A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Innsbruck
>phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>web:    www.netwing.at/nisters/
>           (please visit it and sign guestbook)
>always looking for shellgrit from all over the world
>for my nearly 89 years aged mother Irmgard
>to makes happy and to keep up her health
>
>office:
>Natural History Department of the
>Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
>Feldstrasse 11 a
>A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
>phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
>web: www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at
>        (specimen donations to the
>         Tiroler Landesmuseum molluscs collection
>         are always appreciated)

Harry G. Lee
Suite 500
1801 Barrs St.
Jacksonville, FL 32204
USA   904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/~wfrank/jacksonv.htm