From:
Patty Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:50:06 +1000
Dear all,

Be warned, this story has a profoundly sad ending

I am sure everybody has those days when nothing seems to go as planned.
When the heater has been blasting all day and still it's freezing cold
inside, and every telephone call you receive is to complain about something
(you thought building a house was difficult, wait till you build a swimming
pool!) - but that aside

A month or two back I was contacted via E-mail by a German fellow who was
doing some sort of postdoc at a medical institute in Melbourne. He said he
was a shell collector and wanted to buy shell books. We E-mailed a bit to
and fro about which ones and I told him about the local shell club. Finally
he rang me up last week and told me the books he wanted to get. He seemed
young and keen and told me he was here for another year. He was very nice
to talk to.

In any case I did not have one of the books he wanted in stock, and had to
contact and chase up the publisher.

Those confounded books finally arrived today.

Just as I was about to send him an E-mail saying that the books were here,
I received an E-mail from a solicitor: Christoph Huber had been killed in a
car accident on 28 May.

Sorry about posting this to the list and to those who are not interested,
but I figured some of our European friends might know this young shell
collector

Patty

(and it's still freezing cold outside, winter is well and truly here)
WWW: http://www.capricornica.com

Capricornica Publications               on-line natural history bookshop
P.O. Box 345
Lindfield NSW 2070
Australia

phone/fax: 02 9415 8098 international: +61 2 9415 8098
mobile 0412 865030

E-mail: [log in to unmask]