From:
Eddie Clamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 11:51:26 +0100
Hi all

As you may remember I have been sorting out my shells which have been
collected over many years. Thanks to all those who have helped me start to
identify cowries that I have collected and been given over the years.

I have been up in the attic and pulled out boxes that have been lurking
there for some time. Among these shells are many that I have not wished to
include in my collection for one reason or another, ie: already got one,
eroded or tatty, sheer laziness etc. I have sorted some of them out by type
and it occurred to me they might be worth trading. As I have said all are
not in the best condition and they are, in general small, mostly found
diving and beach exploring around Cyprus in the early 70's. All I will be
able to say is "found in Cypriot waters between 1972-74". I would wish to
exchange on a like for like basis for similar types from another area of the
world.

I have the following available at the moment:

Cypraea Lurida
Cypraea Spurca
Tonna Galea (mostly small)
Conus mediterraneus
Haliotis tuberculata
Cerithium vulgatum
3 small worn/holed charonia variegata
Phalium saburon

That's it for the moment. Let me know if you are interested by private email
to:

Airmail to the States from UK is not too expensive for small light packets.

Rosi, your janthina are on the way, many thanks

Ed Clamp