From:
Sue Garrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 01:32:15 -0400
Hi
I've been out of touch for a few days so I didn't get a chance to answer
this earlier.
I put the shells in plastic bags BUT I filled the bags with kitty litter as
well. I gather from reading your answers that the bags were suppose to only
have the shells in them & the kitty litter was to be used only as "packing
material"??? At any rate when I got home they were hard as a rock & not
knowing that I should have stuck them in water to rehydrate them I put them
in alcohol which I can see was the worst idea. Now my question is this.
Would it do any good now to take them out of the alcohol & stick them in
water? They have been there about 5 years. Most are either the large whelks
or cat's eyes (sorry can't think of latin name at the moment)
Sue Garrison