From:
Dan Yoshimoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:29:03 -0700
>I'll be in Carlsbad this weekend and would like to know if there are any good
>shelling beaches in the San Diego area (San Diego, La Jolla, Carlsbad, etc).
>Also, if anyone knows of any books on shelling in California (or the West
>Coast in general), I'd appreciate a message - I've looked for such information
>but haven't had much luck.  Thanks.

Melissa,
        I'm back.(Dan Yoshimoto from Eureka, California)
You should contact Don Pisor @  [log in to unmask]  or Kim Hutsell @
[log in to unmask]  Both of these people know the San Diego Area well.
Don has a shop (really a large warehouse) PISOR'S SHELLS.
        As for a book on S. California, you should try to get Dr. James H.
McLean's books on Shells of Southern California (Out of Print) or Benthic
Shells of the Santa Maria Basin  fron the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural
History (also by Dr. McLean) The second book is new and in print.
        If you're in Northern California, write and let me know and I'll
give you some more book titles  or contact Lindsey Groves or Dr. McLean at
the Los Angeles Museum of Natural History.
        Lindsey @  [log in to unmask]
                Good Luck again,
                        Dan "yoshells" Yoshimoto