From:
Worldwide <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 23:38:06 -0600
Jenny,

Many of the faunal surveys of Honduras and Panama were done 60 or more
years ago.  Some important publications reporting the results of field
collections and surveys of the land snail fauna in this region included:

"Land Mollusks from The Island of Roatan, Honduras"  Horace Richards, Proc.
Am. Phil. Soc.  vol. 79, No. 2, June 1938, pp167 - 178; Pl. I-III.

"The Land Mollusks Of The Republic Of Panama And The Canal Zone" H.A.
Pilsbry,  Proc. Acad. Nat. Sci. Phil., Vol. LXXVIII, 1926; pp. 57 - 126;
Pl. IX - X.

"Descriptions Of Middle American Land And Freshwater Mollusca" H.A.
Pilsbry, Proc. Acad. Nat. Phil., Vol. LXXXVII, 1935; pp. 1-6; Pl. 1.

"Mollusca From Central America And Mexico"  Proc. Acad. Nat. Sci. Phil.;
Dec. 1919; pp. 212-223; Pl. XI.

"Land Mollusca Of The Panama Canal Zone"  H.A. Pilsbry; Proc. Acad. Nat.
Sci. Phil.; Aug. 1910; pp. 502-509; Pl. XXXVII.

There are many other papers dealing with land shells found in Mexico,
Guatemala, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua, which also include species found in
Honduras and Panama.

This literature can be a springboard for future faunal surveys.  Any new
field work that can add to the literature and reinforce the current
information will most certainly be beneficial.

Rich
Richard L. Goldberg
Worldwide Specimen Shells
P.O. Box 6088