From:
Livett Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 07:28:38 +1000
Welcome Melissa,
You now have the whole world (of shells) in your hands. This is a very
international community you have joined so wherever you travel you will have
contacts and people to visit. You are certainly not alone in your love for
collecting shells.
Best wishes,
Bruce

At 16:20 13/04/98 EDT, Hamiltonmh wrote:
>My name is Melissa Hamilton, and I'm new to this group (just joined today).
>
>I grew up in Alabama and began collecting shells as a child along the Alabama
>coast, but I saw my first really amazing shells on Botany Island in South
>Carolina,  when I was 19.   I don't know if any of you know that area (near
>Edisto Island, close to Charleston), but it's pretty spectacular, I think, for
>shelling.
>
>I'm 31 now and living in Los Angeles, and I've continued to collect - very
>much an amateur, as I've only begun learning the names of various shells in
>the past few years, but I do love it - I usually plan my vacations around
>shelling.  I didn't know anyone else did this until I read some of this
>group's old messages this morning.:)   How nice to know I'm not alone.

-
Bruce, Dianne, Andrew and Erica LIVETT
48 Nicholas Street
Ashburton
VICTORIA 3147
AUSTRALIA
Telephone at home : +61-3-9885-2947
Work: +61-3-9344-5911 Fax: +61-3-9347-7730
Email: [log in to unmask]
See you at the Heron Island Conference "From venoms to drugs' August 16-21,
1998.  For details check our site at
http://www.uq.edu.au/~ddjgehrm/venomweb/index.html