From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 09:14:14 -0400
Dear Conchlers, specially landshellers

on friday we made a trip to Germany. We have been from Innsbruck
to the environment of Nürnberg and Oberfranken (Fränkische Schweiz) with a
lovely
area. I have been together with two friends of the museum in Innsbruck to
collect some
new material and we took a lot of mould home. At the Oberaisfeld we
collected
some specimens of Chilostoma cingulatum cingulatum (Studer, 1820), a species
which have been introduced here and there is now a very nice population
on one rock, called Rennerfelsen.
We took the opportunity to visit an old friend of us, Mr. Wolfgang Fauer
and his
wife, Erna, who both stay not very well, but very important to visit him.
He is a
quite famous malacologist in Germany, aged nearly 80 years, as his wife.
He is specialized in landshells and in my private collection and in that of
the museum
we have a lot of his shells. He worked together with Hartmut Nordsieck,
Clausilia man
(the son of Fritz Nordsieck) and with other important malacologist and his
described
many subspecies from Greece and dinaric states, as from Italy. A few
species were
described in honour after him, as Charpentieria stenzii faueri Bank.
Maybe some of you, with whom I traded just material, may have some shells
out of my
collection, which he collected. But now his wife and Wolfgang are quite
tired and
weak, sometimes confined to bed, but full of power in mind and always
mental
present. So this was important to meet this family again after more than 11
years,
when I have been to Simmeldorf last time. But we write us and we are
calling eometimes.
I am sure you know his name, as landshellers should know him.
with best shelling greetings
Helmut Nisters

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
private:
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 7 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.netwing.at/nisters
(looking for samples of shellgrit worldwide for
my nearly 89 years aged mother Irmgard to keep
her quite young and active - it's medicine for her)

office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at
(donations in form of shells and literature (copies)
are much wellcomed and appreciated)