From:
Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 21:13:44 +0000
Betty Jean's interesting response to my questions about COA activities
induced me to go back to the COA site and do a bit of digging.  Turns
out that a careful reading of the material on that truly top-notch site
offers most of the information that anyone really needs to know about
the COA!  The breakdown of basic programs is found at
http://coa.acnatsci.org/conchnet/coatrack.html.  The organization's
"mission statement" and a list of present and recent officers are found
at: http://coa.acnatsci.org/conchnet/coa.html, the functions of the
various offices are found here:
http://coa.acnatsci.org/conchnet/coaboard.html, and i found out the
secret behind the continuing excellence of the COA's communications
(conchnet and Conch-l for example): a crack group of dedicated
individuals known as the Lambis Group.  For the straight-shooting goods
on this hard-working-but-modest Conchological Communications Crew,
please see: http://coa.acnatsci.org/conchnet/lambisgp.html.

So, I'd like to say Bravo to all those actively involved in the COA, in
all its incararnations and manifestations.

I'd also like to encourage the membership of this list that are also COA
members, to think of ways they could become more involved personally in
fulfilling the objectives of the organization: interesting articles for
the American Conchologist (i haven't forgotten, Lynn - the Deep-water
coral arcticle WILL materialize!), inovative conchological sites,
educational or otherwise, voluteering to be a COA resourse person.....Go
for it!!

Seeking and Finding in the Great Northern Wilderness,
ross.