From:
Carol B Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:21:51 EDT
Is theScaphella
junonia-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the Scaphella junonia found on the east coast of Florida?  Are they found
in South Carolina? (beached after a storm?)

Our local newspaper printed two pages of "common shells found in South
Carolina."  There were many glaring errors, with misidentifications, backward
pictures, etc.  They had a left handed wentletrap and murex.  The tellin
looked like a limpet.  The "knobbled whelk" was a Florida horse conch!!!

This newspaper devoted two entire pages to the pictures and identifications.
I'm now writing a letter to the editor.  Guess they think Knight-Ridder, they
can get by with this mess!

Thanks,

Carol