From:
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:12:14 -0600
Linda,

I am replying to your pecten query on list because I am abysmally ignorant
when it comes to pectens.  I have a bunch, enjoy them, collect them when I
can, BUT I am certainly no expert when it comes to identification of these
critters.  So, with that said, and allowing for correction from anyone out
there better versed in pectens, I would say:

1. Chlamys vesiculosa
2. Aequipecten audouinii (like a thin A. opercularis, subspecies?)
3. Chlamys vesiculosa
4. Flexopecten flexousus (one of the many forms)

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA