From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:55:22 EDT
I didn't even know there were fresh-water limpets, thought they fell into the
same catagory as salt-water frogs! I'm have an uh-duh moment.

Yesterday my partner found some large snails out behind our pottery studio,
big snails, the shells maybe an inch across. The only land snails I'd ever
seen before around here (CT) were tiny, less than a centimeter across. I
realize I know nothing about local freshwater and land snails. Can anyone
suggest a good book for a beginner or an overview of North American species?