From:
Avril Bourquin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:43:12 -0600
My thanks to all who responded to my request on educational books for youth.
I promptly ordered the top three suggestions of:  1.  Seashell of the World
by R. Tucker Abbott
      2   Familiar Seashells of North America  (Audubon Guide to Seashells)
by Harold A. Rehder
      3.  Florida's Fabulous Seashells   by Winston Williams  & Pete
Carmichael

I am anxious for them to get here from Amazon.com.  Living in a small rural
mountain valley does make book buying a bit more challenging  but I would
rather live here with my computer connections than  to have all the stores
and people at my back door.

I am playing around with the idea of putting a commercial page on my
educational site "manandmollusc.net".  Many of the people that visit this
site are  interested in knowing where they can purchase shells as many of
them are just learning about molluscs and their fabulous shells for the
first time.  If you would be interested in putting your name on such a page,
please contact me privately.

I am also interested in getting a few dealers interested in the idea of
offering a "beginner's shell kit" together and offering it as well on the
site.  I personally, am not out to make any money on this venture, I just
think it would be great if such an item was available to youth and
educators. I think the cost should be kept down  or maybe offer more than
one kit.  This is very much just in the planning stage, but if anyone is
interested, I sure would appreciate hearing from you.

All the best,

Avril Bourquin
P.O.Box 366
Invermere, British Columbia