From:
Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:10:14 +0000
Dear Tim;
        Welcome to the list!  It is a wonderful thing to hear such enthusiasm for such
things as shells sold at yard sales: i am sure many on the list will have happy
memories of their early collecting days stirred by this message.  Having just
stayed up most of the night working on my shell-lists, it is refreshing to
remember simpler times!!

         I hope you will not be shy to ask questions -  and to answer them when you
know the answers!!  We get into little Feuds every now and then (ok, a couple of
them have been almost Wars!), but they blow over, and by and large this is one
of the sanest unmoderated lists i have ever seen.

        Wishing you all the very best with your graduate studies -  i hope your
contribution to science is a long and productive one.

Yours from the wilds of New Scotland, where the nip of fall is in the air!,
-Ross.
--
Ross Mayhew: Schooner Specimen Shells: Http://www.schnr-specimen-shells.com
"We Specialize in the Unusual"