From:
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:29:30 -0600
Jordon,

Nice sites.  Most of us are very aware in this state of the relationship
between forests and fires as well as between grasslands and fires.  Only now
is the US Forest Service backing off of a slightly misguided policy of
putting out all forest fires.  They have held to this policy for quite some
time and bureaucracies find it tough to change horses mid-race.

Shell related.  Does anyone on list happen to have a Nerita debilis (w/
operc) and/or a Neritina (Vittina) smithi (w/ operc) they would be willing
to sell, trade, or lend?  We are getting closer on the nerite book but still
do not have these species.  Of course, there are other species we are
missing, but these are the current thorns in my particular side.  By the
way, if anyone has access to the most recent Vita Marina there is an
excellant article by Henk Dekker on nerites from the Arabian penninsula
area.  It is well illustrated and contains a wealth of information.

And some of you thought I was gone....

Tom