From:
Sarah Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:28:09 -0500
I apologize for the serious delay in reporting the results of the Philadelphia Shell Show. Anyway, here are the winners of the major awards:

Shell of the show: Spondylus varius - Gene Everson

Self-Collected Shell of the show: Cymatium parthenopeum - Gene Everson

COA Award - Genus Turbinella - The Chank Shells - John & Dolly Schrecke

Dupont Trophy: Opercula - BJ & Lowel Bingham

Len Hill Award - Cerithiidae of the World - Gene Everson

Best Artistic: Tie between Mary S. Page (Sailor Valentine - Flower Basket) and Robert Reno (Painted Fountain)

Four Yard Wonder: Variability in Voluta verpertilio - Lester Ocasio

Best of Philly: Tom Grace - The Genus Haliotis

As for the question regarding the publication of Bill and Eleanor Marr's exhibit on the fossils from the Sarasota pits from 1998, I do not believe that they ever did publish it.

- Sarah

Sarah R. Watson
Curatorial Assistant
Dept. of Malacology