From:
Eddie Clamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 18:22:51 -0000
Hi
Thanks very much for the very useful info on Recluzia that you sent me. The
info I received was all about  West Indies, Atlantic species. Mine are from
Australia. Anyone know the Superfamily/family of the species?

After much trading I now  also have a fine collection of Janthina which
include the following:

Janthina balteata       Röding  Japan   Kushimoto
Janthina exigua Lamarck USA     Surfside beach, Texas
Janthina globosa        Swainson        Africa  Natal, South Africa
Janthina globosa        Swainson        Japan   Kushimoto
Janthina globosa        Swainson        USA     Florida
Janthina janthina       Linne   Cyprus  Ayia Thekla
Janthina janthina       Linne   Cyprus  Cape Andreas
Janthina janthina       Linne   Australia       Frazer Island
Janthina janthina       Linne   Australia       Frazer Island
Janthina janthina       Linne   Jordan  Aqaba
Janthina janthina       Linne   USA     Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Janthina pallida        Harvey  Spain   Malaga
Janthina pallida        Thompson        USA     Florida
Janthina violacea       Röding  New Zealand     Munriwai beach

My library give three species exigua, globosa and exigua although my Med.
Sea Shells Cyprus mentions fragilis Lam. Is there anyone out there who can
cast their eyes over my list and say whether some of the above are the same
specie with a different name. For instance I cannot confirm or deny the
author of pallida as Harvey or Thompson. Of course I cannot definitely
identify all of the above myself and do not currently have a scanner. Give
us a hand folks. Please help me!!!

Thanks in advance

Ed