From:
Henk and Zvia Mienis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:33:53 +0200
Dear Ed,
Janthina and Recluzia belong both to the Janthinidae.
While Janthina is closely associated and feeds on Velella, Physalia and
Porpita,
all blue-violet hosts, Recluzia is associated among others with pelagic sea
anemones
of the genus Minyas, which are of a (pale-)brownish colour like the shells
of Recluzia.
Best regards,
Henk K. Mienis
Curator National Mollusc Collection
Dept. Evolution, Systematics & Ecology
Hebrew University of Jerusalem
IL-91904 Jerusalem, Israel
E-mail: [log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]