From:
DanShell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 21:00:15 EDT
Jenny,
  As one who loved the dump, and went as often as possible, I have never heard
this story. However, the dumps were closed after a woman climbed one of the
dump piles and fell, cutting her leg in the process. Because of all the
bacteria in the piles, it became infected and she sought legal action against
the site for her medical costs. Thus was lost a natural treasure for those who
don't dive on a regular basis. However, it wasn't too long after that that the
scallop beds deteriorated and the whole industry shut down. I hope one day the
scallops will return.
   The Silent Auction for COA is coming along slowly, but later things will
pick up as items are delivered to the Green's and they forward them to me.
Thanks to all who help to make these education fundraisers at COA possible.
Good shelling to all. DanShell