From:
Kev Lamprell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 06:43:47 +1000
Hi Jan

One of the problems with producing new books on the bivalvia is that we keep
on finding species that have not been described previously. I presently have
about 12 bivalve species to describe and recently have described several
more in various papers, however it is not possible to create a new book
everytime someone describes new taxa. I would suggest you have your library
contact authors who you know to be interested to find out where they have
publised their papers and obtain reprints or original publications for your
library. I have sent the text for a revised edition of the Spondylus book to
the publishers for editing, this includes several new species (described in
appropriate papers) and numerous taxonomic changes.

Best wishes
Kevin Lamprell

Dr. K. Lamprell
58 Marsden Road