From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:10:09 -0500
Dear Alfonso;-
    A "tide line" is the line of the last high tide. It is somewhat variable.
It is usually marked with a line of very light debris that looks like coffee
grounds. A number of small light shells may be found there: Dentalum, Olivella,
Epitonium, etc.
    The intertidal zone is the area between low and high tide.
    "Shallow" and "deep" waters is also up for grabs. I would assume "shallow"
to mean water not too deep to stand up in. A diver may consider 60 feet
"shallow".
    I will not attempt to translate meters into fathoms. I still don't know how
many square feet there are in an acre.
        Art