From:
Henk and Zvia Mienis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 10:13:28 +0200
To all Purple-dyers,
A useful bibliography concerning various aspects of the Purple Dye has been
published by:
Spanier, E., Karmon, N. & Linder, E., 1982. Levantina, 37: 437-447.
Those interested in receiving a copy of it are requested to send me their
postal address.
Much information is also given in:
Spanier, E. (Ed.), 1987. The Royal Purple and the Biblical Blue. Keter
Publ., Jerusalem.
According to well informed sources an English translation is in preparation
by David Heppell of the classisc book dealing with Purple Dye:
Moazzo, P.G., 1932. [The Porphyra]. Alexandria (in Greek).
Best regards,
Henk K. Mienis
National Mollusc Collection
Dept. Evolution, Systematics & Ecology