From:
"William M. Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:40:31 -0400
Gary, as one who works closely with Harry virtually everyday, I would
second your nomination.  He is one of a kind!

It is his perseverence which keeps our four mollusk checklists on the
cutting edge.

>I used to give a slide show of close-up photographs of shells. Harry Lee
>identified about 70% of them. No one else has ever gotten more than 50%. I
>would nominate Harry as the reigning champion of extemporaneous
identification.

Bill Frank
1865 Debutante Dr.
Jacksonville, FL 32246-8645
Phone/FAX: (904) 724-5326
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wfrank/jacksonv.htm