From:
Avril Bourquin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 23:10:56 -0700
Hello Conch-Lers,

I'm trying a little something different on the Man and Mollusc web page.  On
the Links Index page (http://www.manandmollusc.net/LinksIndex.html) you will
find the following announcement:

Personal Home Pages:  Starting February 13, 2001 those wishing to place
their personal molluscan web page in this links section, or if it is already
there, may email me a description of their site to a maximum of 15
lines(give or take a line).  More than one language may be used, however; do
try and give some sort of an English description as well.  I will end your
description with your first name or if you prefer, a nickname.  If however,
your site is strictly commercial it will not be added to this links section.
If that is the case, go to the Commercial dealer’s page
(http://www.manandmollusc.net/LinksCommercial.html) and let me know if you
would like your site listed there.

My aim is to widen the scope of this Internet Resource.  Hopefully I will be
able to introduce new web sites including many non-English language sites.
There are just so many wonderful sites on the WWW and I wish I could find
them all and then share my findings with world.  I find that I can learn
something new from every site that I visit.  Some sites are very
educational, some are good for a big laugh.  Some have some weird and very
inaccurate information, but those I'll keep off my site.

Thanks to everyone who has visited the site the past 14 months (site was
launched Dec. 21, 1999),  the site counter just went over the 10,000 hits
this evening.  It appears that there is indeed a lot of us on this small
world interested in this most fascinating critter, the magnificent mollusc.
Hopefully by placing educational sites on the web, folks like us will
influence many generations to come on the value and beauty of molluscs and
their shelly homes or lack thereof.

Many of you have become email friends over the last few years and I value
any and all communications I receive.  I now live in an isolated mountain
valley and being an absolute shell fanatic, I thrive on hearing everything
from shell news and biology to reading about your holidays and what shells
you have found. (OK; sure we have some pretty interesting terrestrial and
freshwater snails, but I miss the marine finds of the good old days when I
lived in Hawaii).

This is indeed a GREAT list

Wishing you all the best and Happy Valentines Day,

Avril Bourquin
P.O.Box 366
Invermere, British Columbia
Canada