From:
Masashi Yamaguchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 09:03:24 +0900
Dear all,

Please allow me to join here.
I have been wondering why Donax cuneatus was sometimes spelled as
Donax cuneata. (In the original description, Linnaeus used cuneata.)
In Japanese shell books, the specific name of cuneata is associated with
the generic name Latona. Most literature worldwide use Donax cuneatus.
I would appreciate any clue to understand this confusion.

Masashi Yamaguchi
Faculty of Science
University of the Ryukyus
e-mail: [log in to unmask]