Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 16:48:45 -0500
Art,
We were at the Knoxville Zoo recently and the Pipalotamus is gone!!!
Word has it that it just picked up and flew away over towards North
Knoxville, where we live. Search parties are looking high and low for
it, but so far no luck. We have seen the rummagings of something that we
thot was a really big flying pig near our bird feeder, but not sure what
it was..maybe it was the Pipalotamus.
And to make this shell related, we have decided to try calling it by
using our Queen conch (S. gigas) trumpet. Mark has learned how to make
it sound nicely, and it sounds sorta like a Pipo..lol
Mariah