From:
conchiglia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:13:35 +0200
Dear friends,
it is with extreme and deep sadness that I announce that our friend, the
well known malacologist Guglielmo Biraghi, passed away in the first hours
of this morning.
Guglielmo - a great expert especially in cowries - was not only my greatest
guide and help, when I started to work in the field of malacology, but a
precious friend of all our family, the only person that my children have
ever called 'uncle'. I apologize if this is not a very orthodox way to
remind him to all the people who have read and appreciated in the past his
work, but my personal feeling are at present overwhelming.
His life was very interesting: a cinema expert, jury in different
international festivals (Cannes, Chicago, Taormina), a great connaisseur of
music (pianist and composer), author of some theater pieces which were
represented with great success, his loss leaves me without words.
The Mass for him will be celebrated tomorrow afternoon, 24 April, at 2pm in
the church of Santa Paola, Via Duccio Galimberti, Rome.
Let's unite in prayer!

Maria

Maria Antonietta Fontana Angioy
Evolver srl - La Conchiglia