From:
Linda Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:17:07 -0500
Hi, Conch-Lers!

Do you think this formula could be used on old, but still in good condition Unionids?

Thanks,
Linda

On 19-Jun-01, Kevin Kutolowski <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Paul

I have use a mixture of Glycerine, Denatured Alcohol and Demineralized
Water all in equal parts. I have used this on dead freshwater clams (Unionids)
that I have found. When treated right after cleaning it prevented the shell from
cracking. If the unionid is left to dry out the shell itself will crack. I have
had very good success with this formula.

Kevin Kutolowski

Stanfield, North Carolina