From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 22:25:53 -0400
Hi ya all:

I believe this question has been discussed many times and a few articles
written on it.

We have been collecting for 38 years.   The value of our collection is
probably worth more than our house if we sold it to a dealer today.

The investment:   Hours and hours of enjoyment self-collecting!

The enjoyment:   Admiring their beauty, meeting some fabulous people,
using them to teach and educate others.....besides all the education we
have received because of it!

Back-Up:  We have always said if one of us gets really ill and we needed
the money we could always sell the more expensive ones.....kinda
insurance like!

Did we do it to make money?   Nope....we do it because we love it!
So the value is much more than we could ever count!  AND what a
wonderful adventure it has been.

Far Reaching:   We hope so....if it can provide scholarships and
education to future students.  And maybe some of the shells can make
their way into some one else's collection to enjoy when we are long
gone!  And yet they will say:
"Self Collected by Jim and Bobbi Cordy"