From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:07:24 -0700
Folks,

I spent some time in Sarasota, FL last weekend. Between downpours I was able
to pick up a few shells.

On the south end of Long Boat Key, practically the first shell I saw was a
beachworn valve of Tellidora cristata. Splendid, because I never encountered
any before!

And very close to it was, unmistakeably, Strombus urceus.

Someone must have been out walking their pet hermit crab when it slipped the
leash.

Other pet theories?

David Kirsh