From:
Livett Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 01:00:46 +1000
 Coeruleus - indeed we have blue cats, blue protozoans, blue fish and blue
 babies ! ....read on

 The naturalists, Linnaeus and Buffon, wrote of the Chartreux as the cat of
 France and gave it a Latin name (Felis Catus Coeruleus, "blue cat") to
 distinguish it from the domestic cat (Felis Catus Domesticus).
 http://www.fanciers.com/breed-faqs/chartreux-faq.html

 According to Britannica, there is a species of Stentor, called S.
coeruleus,
 that is blue -
 "genus of trumpet-shaped, contractile, uniformly ciliated protozoans of the
 order Heterotrichida. They are found in fresh water, either free-swimming
or
 attached to submerged vegetation. .....The species S. coeruleus
 is large (sometimes up to 2 mm [0.08 inch] long) and is predominantly blue
 from a blue pigment, stentorin, found in its ectoplasm. Stentor is
 remarkable for its regenerative powers; a small fragment less than
 one-hundredth of the volume of an adult can grow back into a complete
 organism. This capability has made Stentor a favourite subject for studies
 of regeneration in protozoans."

 also a Surgeonfish, called 'Acanthurus coeruleus' - - which is also called
the Blue Tang
 "Surgeonfishes ....are coloured either bright yellow or deep brown, and the
blue tang (Acanthurus coeruleus), an Atlantic and Caribbean fish, yellow
when young but more or less blue when
 adult."

 http://store.yahoo.com/marinedepotlive/753514.html
 Atlantic Blue - Acanthurus coeruleus
 Also known as: Blue Tang
 The Acanthurus coeruleus grows up to 9 inches. ... The Acanthurus coeruleus
is a  herbivore .....Acanthurus coeruleus (Bloch & Schneider 1801), the
Atlantic Blue Tang; though not as
 dazzlingly beautiful as the other two "Blue Tangs" - Paracanthurus hepatus
and Acanthurus leucosternon - this Caribbean surgeon makes a fine aquarium
addition.  The Atlantic Blue is commonly collected from the Caribbean.

 Yellow Tang - Acanthurus coeruleus
Also known as: Juvenile Atlantic Blue Tang

 But there is MORE !

 The Master Index of Freshwater Fishes at
 http://www.webcityof.com/miff1010.htm
 lists 'Astatichthys coeruleus' with the reference "See Etheostoma caeruleum
 caeruleum"

 - Etheostoma caerulea See Etheostoma caeruleum caeruleum
- Poecilichthys coeruleus, Astatichthys coeruleus,
 Etheostoma clarum "Rainbow Darter" `Regenbogen-Springbarsch`

  - Etheostoma caeruleum See Etheostoma caeruleum caeruleum
  - Etheostoma caeruleum subspecies
     (Pa:133)

 AND
 from Peru - another fish,  BROCHIS COERULEUS  " Brochis "

 AND

 - yet another fish, this one 'Champsochromis coeruleus' (Boulenger 1908)
 http://www.cichlidae.com/gallery/Champsochromis/coeruleus.html
 from the Chichlid Room Companion
 Original Description:  Boulenger; 1908; "The Annales and Magazine of
Natural History"; (8) 2; p 240
 Type Locality:  Lake Malawi
 A beautiful male Champsochromis coeruleus in the aquarium. Photo and Fish
by
 Randy Ford.

 AND TO FINISH WITH !

 Morbus coeruleus
 Die Bezeichnung kann man mit "blaue Krankheit" übersetzen, denn das
 lateinische Wort "coeruleus" bedeutet "dunkelblau". Gemeint ist die
 ausgeprägte blauviolette Hautfärbung (Zyanose) kleiner Kinder, die unter
 Sauerstoffmangel leiden: die sogenannte Blausucht.

 THE END !