From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 16:24:36 -0400
Dear Rory, and Jessica, and anyone else who is contemplating signing off
Conch-L:

The instructions for signing off are contained on the COA webpage under
Conch-L Info at: http://www.arches.uga.edu/~amylyne/CONCH-L/CONCH-L.html

However, I imagine you are getting rather frustrated so here is how to
sign off:

Send a message to:

DO NOT send your message to Conch-L. If you do, it will just go right
back to the list and get you nowhere. Do not put any part of your
message or address in brackets or < >'s

Put nothing in the subject line if your service and email program will
allow you to leave that line blank.

Then, in the message part of the email form, write:

Signoff Conch-L

Write nothing more. Do not sign the message. The computer that operates
Conch-L will know who you are from your email address.

Please note that you cannot sign off Conch-L from any other email
address than the one you used to sign on in the first place. If you have
already closed that email address, you will have to ask a list manager
to sign you off manually. DO NOT make this request via the list. Do it
privately.

Next time you sign on a listserve, I recommend that you keep the
instructions that are mailed to you on how to get off. It can be quite a
frustrating experience for anyone without instruction. I keep a special
folder in my email for storage of such instructions.

Lynn Scheu
Conchologists of America
Co-Owner, Conch-L Listserve