From:
"Orstan, Aydin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 07:57:59 -0400
Ross,
I don't know why methanol is not a good preservative (perhaps it doesn't
denature proteins as well as does ethanol), but I hope you realize that it
is quite a bit more toxic than ethanol. It could cause poisoning from
ingestion, inhalation or absorption thru the skin. If you are experimenting
with it exercise caution.

Aydin