From:
Emilio F Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:04:59 -0600
Dear Patty,

All of my specimens of Calliostoma incertum were collected dead. However,
some of the specimens are not broken, have no holes, and have no visible
erosion, so I would consider them very good specimens. I only kept a couple
of specimens and sent the rest to Harry Lee, knowing his interest in
sinistrals. Like you, I don't know of any live-collected specimens.

Emilio

>Dear All (and Ross, Harry and Emilio),
>
>I can't help suspecting that the sinistral 'species' C. incertum is really
>a sinistral C. hedleyi Pritchard & Gatliff, 1902 (because of the date the
>former should then of course be the valid name). I have never seen any
>specimens even approaching good condition. I am not sure if anyone has ever
>collected this 'species' alive, I would love to hear if someone did, or if
>someone even possesses a half-decent specimen. Emilio?
>
>regards
>
>Patty
>

>Dr. Patty Jansen
>
>Bookshop: http://www.booksofnature.com
>Publishing and info site: http://www.capricornica.com
>
>Books of Nature
>P.O. Box 345
>Lindfield NSW 2070
>Australia
>
>phone/fax: 02 9415 8098 international: +61 2 9415 8098
>
>E-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Emilio F. Garcia
115 Oak Crest Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70503
USA