From:
Jan Haspeslagh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:58:29 +0100
Hello,

We visited Cebu last year (January 2001), and there were some good spots
at
Punta Engaņo on Mactan Island. You should follow the road to the village
with the same name completely untill the end. Access to the beaches is
difficult, but here and there you'll find contruction sites for new
hotels
where it is easier to reach the beaches. We haven't snorkeled there, but
I've found some interesting rock-dwellers (sorry, no names, I'm still in
the
process of determining them...!).

And of course, in Punta Engaņo, you'll find local shell dealers in
almost
any house and cabin. Don't even whisper the word "shell", we did and
found
ourselves immediately in the company of some very persistent locals on
the
hunt for our dollars...

greetings,

Jan Haspeslagh

--
Jan Haspeslagh
bibliothecaris/librarian VLIZ

email : [log in to unmask]

VLIZ
Vlaams Instituut voor de Zee vzw
Flanders Marine Institute
Victorialaan 3 - B-8400 Oostende, Belgium
Tel. +32-(0)59-34 21 30
Fax +32-(0)59-34 21 31
http :www.vliz.be