From:
Geoff Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 20:51:31 +1100
Australia is a big place. You need to have an idea where you are going
before you get too excited about specifics.
Technically  you are not supposed to export native molluscs without a
permit, but my understanding is that this is not supposed to be aimed at
hobby collectors and so you PROBABLY wont have any trouble. Many local
restrictions and bag limits apply eg Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
Charonia tritonis and Cassis cornuta and ?Tridacnidae are the only total
bans I can think of.
For the southern coast, where I am (Melbourne), summer (Dec-April)is
definitely the best time with warmer weather and better tides.
Diving is good all year round.
Regards
Geoff