From:
Betty and Bob Lipe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 19:54:52 -0700
shelloak wrote:

> put a small piece of cotton thread on the glass, add glue, andother piece
> of thread and stick your shell to it, this should hold using the 527 glue.
> John
> ----------
> > From: Fx Animaux <[log in to unmask]>
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject: glue that really keeps shells stuck
> > Date: Friday, May 22, 1998 2:56 PM
> >
> > Does anyone know  of a  quick -setting, clear glue that keeps shells
> stuck to
> > glass permanently?  I want to create a shell collection that children can
> see
> > both sides of each species. Thanks, Leslie

Dear Leslie, if you're using common shells, then use two of each
species. one with the aperature up and one down. forget the glass. The
glue will not look good and will distort the image somewhat.  Use
hardboard or door skins, which is one ply of plywood and paint it blue
or green.  These colors will look best with almost any shell.  Then the
527 will work better.  If you insist on glass then use 5 minute epoxy.
Use very little and it holds better.

Bob Lipe
Bob & Betty Lipe mailto:[log in to unmask]
The Shell Store: http://theshellstore.com