From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 22:16:00 -0400
    Thanks to Dan Yoshimoto for the information on Helen DuShane. Like many others,
I have greatly proffited from her knowledge, advice and thoughtfulness. She reviewed
our Wentletrap Book. She had to teach me simple things like: Epitoniidae has 2
(count 'em) 2 i's. That she approved our use of her described species made our task
so much easier.
    Helen and I exchanged much correspondence. She thought I was funny. I thought
she was Queen Victoria. I was right. Her passing is a great dis-service to science
and to those who loved her.
    Humbly,
        Art