From:
"Monfils, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:16:52 -0400
As a shell dealer, I have had the opportunity to interact with hundreds of
collectors over the years, including a large number of relatively new
collectors.  Beginners are most often generalists, and there are certain
species which such collectors typically consider "must have shells"  early
on.  These include such old favorites as:

Epitonium scalare
Murex pecten
Murex palmarosae
Biplex perca