From:
Roland Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:16:57 -0700
Hi Folks,
I was wondering if anyone has found the introduced clam Nuttallia obscurata ("dark mahogany clam"or "purple varnish clam") on the Washington State coast bays of Grays Harbor or Willapa Bay? I've found them on the Oregon State coast and in Puget Sound of Washington State (Whidbey Island). It originally was introduced into Canada (B.C.), where it is now well-established, from Japan.
Thanks for any help.
Roland