From:
Rick Negus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 23:23:58 +0800
Joy

Here is the California Fish and Game regulation on Collecting Invertebrates:

Tidal invertebrates may not be taken in any tidepool or other areas between the high tide mark (defined as Mean Higher High Tide) and 1,000 feet seaward and lateral to the low tide mark (defined as Mean Lower Low Water).

There are a lot of exceptions, see this link for all of the details (page 20)

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fg_comm/oceanfish02web.pdf

Cheers

Rick