From:
Emilio Lspez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 14:06:34 -0400
Hola:

In Venezuela (and, I think, in the Caribbean) there is a tree called
Manzanillo; when
you go to the beach (looking for shells, of course) it is so inviting to
put the
campament under it; there is no ants, no mosquitoes, no plants under it;
in some
season it does not have leaves or anything, then it has leaves, then it
has flowers;
I know about it because someday (it had not leaves) I put my canvas and
my towel in
one of them, and went to snokel; I developed an itching in my eyes; I
went out and I cleaned
my face with the towel; then I was really bad; I could not see because
all was so brilliant
and the itching was worse; I wash my eyes several times; some people
pour lemon juice
in my eyes; I felt a little better; I went to the sea and washed the
eyes into the
water for several minutes; I felt a little better. The problems
continued for two
days.
There is nothing below the tree because it poisons all that is below it.
They said
that when it has flowers it is worse.
I prefer ants and mosquitoes. Beware of it.
Emilio..

Lynn Scheu escribis: